Monday, November 19, 2012

11-19-12

     Day...whatever, I am going to start just using the date for the blog titles. I simply can't keep track of how many days I have been trying to get back in shape. Anyway, let's start off with what I have been doing. I have been hunting a lot. I have also been in a bit of pain. Ok, maybe a little more then a bit of pain. I guess the pain is coming from something called the I T band? I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with a computer but everything to do with the outside of my right hip. I am being told that it normally comes from an imbalance of upper leg muscles. Looking at my legs, my quads are very large and my hamstrings are good size but apparently not strong enough to balance out my upper legs. As a result, I have pain. The kind that almost brought tears to my eyes the other day when the wife was trying to stretch me out. It's doing a little better at this point. I can walk. It's not perfect by any means. We did yoga tonight and it was hurting some. Not just the hip area though but the lower back. I have to assume that they are connected.
     So this week is the first real challenge to my diet. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. To say I am a bit nervous is an understatement. I don't feel like I can run yet so I guess its going to be long walks on the treadmill this week. I also have more hunting to do. Deer camp is great for that. I'll be walking a lot there. Still, with this damn injury or tightness, whatever you want to call it, I just don't think I should be running. No problem. I'll just need to walk, walk, and walk some more.
     Motivation time... 

This is the third week or so of my diet and I am feeling it. I am tired and sore. All will be ok though. I know that things will feel that way until my body stops the revolt. I understand that I didn't get out of shape over night and thus will not get back into shape over night. I am not looking for a "quick fix" or anything. Put in the effort and you will be rewarded. Do not fall off the train because of the holidays!!!  This is important...  trust yourself, and if that fails, trust your wife. Being fat sucks and I am sick of it! That's why it's important. NIKE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment